Friday, March 11, 2011

Mama

This is my cat Mama.
Yesterday we found out that she passed away. Earlier this week my family and I took her to the vet because she was listless and wasn't eating. The vet told us that she had been bitten by some animal and had an infection in her chest. She also came out positive for feline Leukemia. We were so scared but hopeful for her. The next day we saw her and we called her name and she meowed and purred. We kissed her and told her how much we love her. But early yesterday she passed away. The bite, Leukemia, and infection was just too much for her.

In my family our animals ARE our family. We love and care about them more than any extended family. Mama was a feral cat on our hill when she had her kitten, Saphi. She was so wild and we all have our scars from her. But after we began feeding her and showing her affection she quickly began to love us back. That little kitty is proof that even if something is wild, if you love them enough, they will get better and change into something that you can't see yourself living without. 
My heart is unbelievably heavy and the world couldn't make a big enough tissue for me, but I am so happy I had all that time with her. 
She followed us when I took my goat on walks and she cuddled up with us and drooled on our legs.
She is a gorgeous, kind and loving cat, that will be with me forever.





Here is why we named her Mama. 
That is her kitty, Saphi who is now 4 years old.



So please, I need whoever reads this, if you have a little kitty, go cuddle, hug and love them, because even if you don't see it, they love you so, so much.
Never give up on your family.

I love you Mama. Always will.
<3

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. :( She was a gorgeous cat.
    Makes me want to cuddle my cat even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that she died :/
    But amazing photographs.

    gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello darling! Thanks for commenting! Be sure to tell me when you follow, so I can follow you back! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mod Fox.

Sponsors!